Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"My Sweet" Mango Muffins with Dulce de Leche Drizzle Recipe



Mango Cupcakes Recipe adapted from Earth Vegan and a little from Allrecipes

I need these "My Sweet" in honor of my friend Row. It's a silly nickname we have for each other... But, she's sweet and exotic just like this mango muffins, so it seemed fitting. Ha ha. Right when I finished preparing the batter, I had an emergency and had to leave the batter unbaked on my countertop for a few hours and then in the fridge overnight. I think that is why they came out dense and bready like a muffin when I originally intended for them to be cupcakes. Oh well. The way I baked them, they were like muffins at room temperature and like bread pudding from the fridge. Still mango-y and delicious.

1 1/2 cups wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cardamom powder
3 small mangoes very ripe, peeled and chopped into little bits (or if they're super ripe like mine they'll just fall apart into bits of juicy goodness mostly on their own)
zest of 1 orange
1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup soy milk

Directions:
1) Sift together dry ingredients.
2) In a seperate bowl beat together mangoes, OJ, zest, eggs, and vanilla.
3) Alternate adding flour mixture and soymilk until all has been combined.
4) Spoon into muffin pan lined with cupcake papers and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 10-15 minutes.

Check out my previous post: "Happy Birthday to Me" for the Dulce de Leche recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment