Friday, July 9, 2010
In continuing with my love of all things small, cute, and baked, I made these with my little cousin today. These are still in the experimental phase. They came out okay, but not incredible yet. I'll have to try them again sometime and play with them a little bit more. But, I thought they were worth sharing because my family still liked them. :)
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cupcake Batter
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
about 1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup apple sauce
3/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup organic soy milk
about 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper liners (I might try foil ones next time because these kind of stuck due to the lack of any grease in the cupcakes). In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt.
2) In separate bowl, beat together apple sauce & yogurt. Mix in eggs & vanilla. Alternate adding in flour mixture and soymilk.
3) Dividing evenly, spoon batter into cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
4) Let cool and top with ganache.
Chocolate Ganache (I used some that was left over from the Banana Cupcakes)
1 Bar Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate + 1 Package Baking Chocolate
3/4 cup Light Soy Milk
1) Melt chocolate on double boiler, stirring constantly.
2) Warm milk in microwave 30 seconds.
3) Stir milk slowly into chocolate until smooth.
4) Drizzle a little chocolate goodness on top of cupcakes