Search This Blog

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Strawberry Banana Muffins

I made up the recipe for the muffins as an experiment yesterday. I'm not so sure I like baking with the agave yet. I guess I haven't figured out exactly how much to use. I appreciate the lower glycemic index and etc etc that agave has to offer, but at least the brand of syrup I used wasn't all that great. Hrm.

Overall, I think these came out a little bit drier than I wanted, but everyone else liked them. I had one this morning with a little bit of Smart Balance Peanut Butter smeared on it. Pretty good. :)

Let me know if you have any ideas to make them more moist.

Strawberry Banana Muffins

1/4 cup strawberries
1 banana
2 eggs
1 cup low-fat Vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup Organic Blue Agave Syrup
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole-wheat flour (leveled)
1/2 cup organic soy flour (leveled)
1/4 cup melted smart balance 50/50 butter blend

Directions
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with baking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2) In separate bowl, beat together strawberries & banana. Mix in eggs, vanilla yogurt, agave syrup, and vanilla. Add in flour mixture (do not overmix). Then add in melted butter and mix just until blended.
3) Dividing evenly, spoon batter into muffin pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, 15 to 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment